Alerts and Warnings
- 1/6/2016 - The Committee on Criminal Justice and Public Safety has scheduled a public hearing for AB-487 on January 13 in Room 300NE. Additional details will be forthcoming.
- 9/23/2015 - Wisconsin AB-127 relating to possession of dogs by certain felony offenders and providing a criminal penalty. Introduced on March 27, 2015, by Representatives Jacque, Steffen, Sinicki, Spiros, Subeck, Murphy, Wachs and A. Ott; co-sponsored by Senators Hansen and Carpenter. Read and referred to Committee on Criminal Justice and Public Safety.
- 9/23/2015 - SB-230 relating to providing an exemption from civil liability for forcibly entering a vehicle under certain circumstances. Introduced on 8/11/2015 by Senators Wirch, Lassa and Olsen; Senator Wanggaard added as co-cuthor on 9/16/2015. Referred to Committee on Judiciary and Public Safety; passed and available for scheduling.
- 9/23/2015 - AB-141 relating to including orders pertaining to household pets in certain restraining orders and injunctions. Introduced on 3/27/2015 by Representatives Jacque, Berceau, Ballweg, Allen, Sinicki, Steffen, Shankland, A. Ott, Zepnick, T. Larson, Spreitzer, Subeck, C. Taylor, Johnson, Hintz and Ohnstad. Referred to Committee on Judiciary; PASSED; referred to Committee on Rules.
- 9/23/2015 - SB-241 relating to possession of certain wild animals and providing a penalty. Introduced by Senators Wanggaard, Risser, Miller, Lassa and C. Larson. Referred to Committee on Judiciary and Public Safety.
- 5/10/2012 - USDA Proposes to Close Loophole on Retail Pet Sales: APHIS Stakeholders Teleconference Call
- 2/21/2012 - AB-593 was introduced by Representative Milroy on February 20, 2012
Bill History: AB-593. Relating to: crimes against animals. AB-593 was referred to committee on Criminal Justice and Corrections in the Assembly.
- 11/14/2011 - A very important second letter from Kessler & Greer Law Office with specifics on how DATCP considers anyone selling any dogs to be a "business" and under their jurisdiction to inspect.
- 11/4/2011 - DATCP may overstep bounds of 2010 Act 90's original intent by their interpretation they CAN inspect breeders under the "25 dog limit". See Kessler & Greer Law Office letter.
- 3/18/2011 - final rules sent to legislature
- 1/18/2011 - DATCP has released their final version of the breeders draft rules for Act 90. There are still many points within the rules that will be hard, if not impossible, for in-home breeders to follow. There are also sections of the rules that are not covered by WI Act 90. Please review the documents and contact your legislators, asking them not to approve or support the rules.